So one thing that keeps popping up is people telling me to rest up. Normally after an Ironman I would take one to two full weeks off and slowly build back. I DNF 19km into the run so resting isn’t really all that important or needed.
Mentally I am keen to get right back into the thick of it and my body feels like I am in the middle of a normal training week. I will take it easy this week and see how I am feeling going into next week.
Swim – 2km
- 200m FC,
- 200m of 25m 6/1/6, 25m FC,
- 200m of 25m broken arrow, 25m FC,
- 200m of 6/3/6, 25m FC,
- 100m done as 25m MAD, 75m easy +25s
- 100m done as 50m MAD, 50m easy +25s
- 100m done as 75m MAD, 25m easy
- 300m breathing every 5th stroke +20s
- 2x 50m +10s
- 300m breathing every 7th stroke +20s
- 200m of 25m kick, 25m backstroke